Monday, November 06, 2017

Almost Makes Me Want to NaKniSweMo

I finished a sweater last month.  Yes, I finished it last month, but I started it way back when--January 25, 2015, to be precise.  After I picked it up to work on it, I was pleased to discover that I could figure out where I was in the pattern and just how close I was to finishing.  I was most of the way done with one sleeve, and then all that would be left was the second sleeve.  Upon binding off that first sleeve, I was free to try on the cardigan without the entanglement of needles or trailing a ball of yarn, and I felt good about it.  It really was inspiring.  Then we had some cooler weather, and I wanted to finish it so I could wear it.  The closer I got to completion, the more I thought about knitting this pattern again in this same yarn in other colors.  I considered small modifications.  I even thought about NaKniSweMo-ing it.  That thought didn't last long, though, but I do have a new sweater.   

Of course, now that it's done, we have a warm-up and increased humidity, but that happens.  I'll have plenty of opportunities to wear this sweater in comfort, but I didn't wait for that to attempt a photo shoot for it.  I just kept setting the timer on the camera and posed over and over and hoped that something would turn out alright.  By the time I came in, I had taken 336 photos, and I didn't like any of them.  However, the Google Photos Assistant created an animation from some of the photos, so that's what you get. 
  

Details:  
Pattern--Featherweight Wrap to Knit
Mods:  M1R/M1L instead of YO increases
Yarn--(sit down--it's scandalous) Woolike (85% acrylic 15% nylon--told you it was scandalous)
Color--Chocolate
Verdict--Would knit again (or not, I don't knit many sweaters)

I think this cardigan will work well for me.  I like the way it fits through my armpits.  I'm weird that way.  I may not really be describing it right, but I just do not like clothing stuck up in my armpits.  There is a similar (both in name and appearance) cardigan pattern that was popular a few years back, and I really wanted to knit it, but it seemed like it would do that, and I don't think my body shape/size was a good fit for it either.  Anyway, I was glad to find this pattern, because I would like a few cardigans in the wardrobe.  This is a nice, basic pattern, and I can think of some simple modifications I might make if I were to knit it again, such as changing the length and perhaps decreasing a bit more on the sleeves.  If I feel really adventurous, maybe one day I'll spin to knit one. 

blog comments powered by Disqus