Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Mohair Moebius

I hope you are all having a wonderful, peaceful day. I am celebrating Christmas, though not sure whom we will see or have the chance to talk to, nor what all we will do. There is a decent chance MohairMoebiusProgressthat we could sleep all day. We are very tired. I stayed up all night finishing crocheting my brothers' gifts. I completed them in time for the gathering at my mom's on Christmas Eve. My fingers are a bit sore. Still, I grabbed yarn and needles in a last-minute attempt to knit a mohair moebius for my sister to go with the hat I knit for her. I surprised myself with how far I got on it. If I get up in the morning, I might be able to finish it and give it to her when I see her later. Then again, I may start playing the Super Mario Bros Wii game that she gave me, and that could take over for a bit.

Anyway, my brothers were pleased with their gifts. The older one grumbled a bit when I asked him to sit next to the younger one so that they could unwrap together. I packaged both in the same box since I made the same things for them. The mild irritation at being directed by me could not survive in the face of what I had made. I crocheted a Strong Bad for each of them. I am not too familiar, but know they are fans, and when I saw the pattern, I knew it would be perfect for Christmas gifts for them.

StrongBadSideBySide

The mad-crochet-frenzy of the past few days has me appreciating deadline-free living. Of course, the tight gauge of those two creations and the resultant achy fingers mean that I would be unlikely to be able to make anything under pressure right now. It also means I am pushing out of my brain any thoughts about the sweater my younger brother envisions wearing next year for Christmas. He asked whether I could make my own sweater pattern. It sounds like what he wants is something that would incorporate both intarsia and fair isle, and Homer Simpson in a Santa hat. No, I am not thinking about it for at least the rest of this year.
blog comments powered by Disqus