Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Socks and Shawls


Socktoberfest is back. I love knitting socks, so I just had to join the celebration. I have so many potential socks running through my mind that they may need darning before I’ve even cast-on for them. I am excited for the beginning of this festival of socks.

In the meantime, I’ve moved on to the fish charts for my Pacific Northwest Shawl. I'm on row 161 of the 178 in the body of the shawl. The rows are long, but I'm still enjoying the knitting. I had a heart-stopping moment in the wee hours of Monday. I inadvertently twisted and pulled on the Denise with which I’m knitting the shawl and it became disconnected, letting many stitches free. This is where using a yarn with a significant mohair content really paid off for me. I was able to pick up all the stitches, and all was right with the world.

I'm keeping up with my spinning. I think that I would like what is currently on the spindle to become the Swallowtail Shawl (IK Fall 2006). The yardage required for this pattern is relatively little, and I think it would be great to turn something I've spun into such a cute little lacy shawl. This is my spinning goal/dream for now. In fact, I think I'm going to go spin.
blog comments powered by Disqus