Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Go Ahead, Laugh

It’s okay, I’m laughing, too. I’m sure it will come as no surprise to any of you to know that in spite of Yarn Monkey’s announcement that all the dossiers had been emailed, I have not received a dossier. Yeah, it’s more than a little bit funny. My original target is incommunicado. I don’t know the reasons, but it is her loss. Sock Wars rocks! She is missing out on tons of fun, and this pair of ISOD. I suppose it’s okay to post a picture of them. Maybe if I get her address, I’ll send them on to her anyway.

Because of the little interruption that Hurricane Gordon caused, we had to do our best to figure out how to proceed. We decided to assume that Sarahkat is not participating in the game, so we skipped over her. That made Scarybez my new target. I had already knit a pair of women’s US 8 ISOD. Rather than ripping back the toes and knitting the feet longer to turn that pair into a pair of women’s UK 8, I decided to cast on for a new pair. I like the way these turned out, but I cannot show them to you. As they will cause Scarybez’s death, she gets to see them before the rest of you. That’s right, kids, Aunt Sarah is a Killer!

It’s hurry up and wait time again, but I’m not in a hurry. I’m returning to the Pacific Northwest. Okay, so I’m just resuming the knitting of that shawl, but I would love to go back and visit one day. I’m down to the last chart in the body of the shawl, and then it is on to the edging.

1 comment:

  1. Those are great socks. I'm wearing some like them right now, only mine aren't handknit. How nice that you got a pair of socks out of your target's flaking.

    ReplyDelete