Monday, February 02, 2009

It's Groundhog Day!

My love for Groundhog Day is known far and wide, but understood by few. Even I have difficulty explaining my love for this day. I tried describing the holiday to my nephew with the hope that he would be excited about the day, but it would seem I have failed. I told him that if the Groundhog sees its shadow, there will be six more weeks of winter, but if the Groundhog does not see his shadow, spring will be here in six weeks. First, he scrunched up his face in puzzlement. Then he declared the whole thing to be stupid. He is now trash-talking the Groundhog and its day. Fear not, for I am far from giving up on him.

I have mixed feelings over the best way to spend this day. I just try my best to make it special. I have been known to use the Groundhog's shadow results as an excuse to leave the house or to stay home in accordance with my desires. It has been suggested that I follow the Groundhog's ruling when deciding whether to attend Monday night knitting. Of course, being in serious hibernation mode, it would have been a surprise if I had gotten out of bed during daylight hours.
LeftGlove
During the time that I am awake, I have been knitting. I have begun the second sock. I am ready to begin the second glove. Yes, I have finished the first glove. I like it, and am excited at the prospect of having a new pair of gloves.
blog comments powered by Disqus