Monday, February 09, 2009

Consolation Prize

It had been a couple of months since my last time at Monday night knitting. I decided to go tonight, but was more than a little late. By the time I arrived, there were just a couple of knitting magazines left on a table. I sat and knit four or five rows of my lace, looked through the magazines, and left. It surprised me, as that crowd often gets started a little on the late side, and the last hour is usually the best.

I collected the mail from the mailbox when I got home, and my mood was brightened. I had received a package, and I knew what it contained. I recently purchased a used copy of Folk Hats, and it arrived today. It is a bizarre little volume, but some of the patterns in it caught my eye. I held off purchasing it, but when I saw the chance to pick it up at a bargain used price, I jumped at the opportunity.
blog comments powered by Disqus