Monday, October 13, 2008

October Overhaul

Excitement and adventure abound here in the form of home repairs. We are blessed to benefit from someone else's home remodeling projects. They pulled up hardwood, and it will become our new floors. Since our home is smaller than theirs is, we will probably have enough to do both the kitchen and living room floors. The living room needs the fix more, so we are starting there.

The fun has already begun. Bruce has been removing nails and sanding wood. I have begun the process of clearing the living room of everything. I have taken this as an opportunity to do a bit of de-cluttering. There is so much to do. I have been more than a little overwhelmed at times, but then I remind myself to take it one bit at a time. We need to enlist a bit of help to move the heavy stuff that will stay in my mom's garage while we work.

We have made steady progress on this project, and I am taking advantage of a break in the work. I have temporarily claimed the living room floor while it is still available. I will give you a hint: all of my rustproof pins are in use.
blog comments powered by Disqus