Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Because I Am a Crazy Knitter

The Jeopardy response would be, "Why are you knitting those?" They captivated me when I saw them in the Jan/Feb Piecework. The promise of a new-to-me technique drew me in further. However, it was not the right time for me to make them. I skimmed the prep work, and wondered if I would ever even try. I added them to my Ravelry queue, and there the Rovaniemi mitts sat.

RovaniemiPrepIn the midst of another sleepless night, and staring down two projects I wanted to have finished and given to their rightful owners a week ago, my mind took a flying leap. A few minutes later, I had the magazine with the pattern, and the tub of fingering weight yarn. I took a needlessly complicated path to wind twenty-two, four-yard butterflies of yarn. I cast on and ripped. I will try again with fewer stitches.
blog comments powered by Disqus