Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Lucky Seven

LuckyLeftoversThis was all the yarn I had left when I finished. It was yarn I had spun, and I did not have any more of the fiber. I could not look at the dwindling pool of yarn while binding off the project.

So, what had I chosen to create with this precious yarn? I knit the Good Luck Cowl. I still think cowls are funny, but I also think my aunt will enjoy this. It was a quick, easy knit, and I have another gift crossed off the list.
BlockingCowl
I show you the blocking cowl so that you can see the pattern better. Also, I have been immensely unsuccessful at getting a nice modeled shot. This also helps explain why I think these are so funny, and why I am unlikely to make one for me.

Pattern: Good Luck Cowl
Needles: Susan Bates Silvalume US 6 (4.0mm)
Yarn: Handspun, Navajo-Plied, Alpaca (I think it was from an alpaca named Charlemagne)
Mods: Only worked 7 pattern repeats

blog comments powered by Disqus