Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Ottery Contestry

KnittyOtter is holding a very nifty contest to celebrate post number two hundred. I have had a wonderful time reading the different responses to the questionnaire. I have also had trouble getting a blog post to come out right. Therefore, I decided to join in on the fun and write my own entry into the contest.

Getting to Know you Contest Questionnaire:

1.) How long have you been knitting?

Seven or eight years, I think. I just wrote my yarn story over here on Ravelry.

2.) How long have you been knitting socks?

Probably six or seven years.

3.) What do you do with a problem like Maria?

Avoidance and denial might work best, especially if she is not interested in my help.

4.) What is your all time favorite sock yarn?

Cherry Tree Hill

5.) Toe Up or Cuff Down?

Toe up! I start with Judy's Magic Cast-On and use the yarn-over, short-row heel from Priscilla Gibson-Roberts Simple Socks Plain and Fancy.

6.) What's your favorite color (this week or for all time)? Do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

Purple is my favorite color of all time.

7.) Do you have a pet(s)?

Shhh...I feed stray cats, but do not have any critters of my own.

8.) Babies: Oven Roasted or Barbecued?

Barbecued in the summer, or oven roasted in the winter. Mmmm...baby-back ribs...mmmm.

9.) Besides socks what is your favorite type of thing to knit?

Lace, especially shawls.

10.) What's your favorite scent?

Lavender is lovely. Maybe I will learn how to grow it myself. The current attempt is not exactly a bust, but it does not seem to be progressing much.

11.) What music are you really loving right now? Like a song or a band?

It seems like I am listening to a lot of Glen Phillips or Toad the Wet Sprocket lately.

12.) How many pairs of socks have you hand knit?

I guess it is somewhere between two- and three-dozen, not counting the baby socks.

13.) What's your favorite treat? Salty or Sweet?

Ice Cream.

14.) What was the most interesting thing you smelled yesterday. Not good or bad necessarily, just the thing that stuck out most so that you actually took notice of it.

Nasty corn seeds, grrrr. Also, there is some soapy scent I am noticing right now, but I cannot identify it.

15.) Needles - DPN's: Wooden, metal or plastic?

Circs all the way, and Knit Picks fixed circs are probably my faves.

16.) What is your favorite sock pattern that you've knit? What do you recommend?

Pomatomus would probably have to be my favorite pair. The recommendations depend on the level of attention you care to devote to the sock project. Something from Nancy Bush is a good choice.

17.) The last Question: If you were stuck on a deserted island who would you want with you, what knitting would you want with you and would you ever want to leave?

I would definitely want my sweetie-pie with me on the deserted island. As for the knitting, I would want my laceweight and fingering weight/sock yarns with me. Since I enjoy my modern conveniences, I suppose I would leave. Still, time away from everything would be nice.
blog comments powered by Disqus