Thursday, August 14, 2008

Uncharted Territory

I have been steadily making progress in my Ravelympic WIP Wrestling. The EPS FIYC is wonderful company for busy moments, as well as long knitting sessions. FeatheredIcarus requires more attention, and it is best to knit whole rows before setting it down. This has meant planning time to work on the shawl. My Tuesday had looked like it was going to get away from me and leave me with no lace time. The day contained a few surprises that ultimately allowed me some nice, long blocks of quiet knitting time. The result has been fabulous progress as the lace leaps along the needles. Now I leave the comfort of the charts and move on to the edging. I have not looked at the line-by-line instructions, but I already miss my charts.

I have begun to estimate the time required to complete these two projects. I believe I have between two and three hours left on Icarus. I think I have a good grasp on how long it will take, and it is nice to see that I am so close to finishing. As for the sweater, I do not have as clear an idea. I do not think that I have more than thirty hours left, but that is such a rough guess. I think that is a very generous estimate, and I hope it will be less than this. I have not even begun to think about the time required to knit the leaf shawl. Please, I need someone to tell me I have two more weeks before the Ravelympics end.
blog comments powered by Disqus