Monday, October 15, 2007

Matchmaking

I followed the advice, and it is good. She may need socks to make it through a lace project, but I just plain need lace. I thought that perhaps lace socks could qualify, and while I need to cast on for another pair of socks, this was not what I needed to do tonight. I purchased this lone skein of discontinued yarn long ago, and it has sat in the stash ever since. I have thought of it often and sometimes taken it out to pet and sniff. Then as I mentally (be nice) prepared for Monday Night Knitting, I knew that the BSJ was not what I wanted to knit. My mind returned to my nearly lace-free needles. My MS3 almost made it out of the drawer, but the time is not right. The large charts and beads make it less than ideal for knitting with everyone else. Then it hit me. SwallowtailBeginningSwallowtail Shawl + Cherry Tree Hill Possum Laceweight. I grabbed my pattern, yarn, and magnetic board and shoved them in the knitting bag. I sat down to knit tonight, and knew I had a match. Freda kept saying that you cannot knit that kind of lace and from charts when you are with all of your friends. However, at the end of the night, I had made it through four repeats of the Budding Lace 2 chart and had a wonderful time talking with everyone. No, it is not huge progress, but it was right for the night.
blog comments powered by Disqus