Friday, October 19, 2007

Feeding Frenzy

Thursday was not such a good day. Not that anything bad happened, but the threat of nasty weather lingered about disrupting things, and I think making me feel a wee bit sick. Now that the weather has passed (I am thankful it was not bad), I do not feel sick. Go figure, eh? This meant that I put off much of my computer stuff off until the middle of the night.

I have been having a spinning adventure. I spent some extra time oiling the wheel. That was nice. I like taking care of my wheel. I have also spent time with some superwash wool. It is a different experience. More time spent at the wheel with this fiber has greatly increased my enjoyment. Maybe I will have some knit-worthy yarn at the end of this. Of course, I am thinking socks. I plan to Navajo-ply the singles. Speaking of Navajo-plying, I think my Kool-Aid bobbin of singles is ready. I also have another possible spinning project planned.

The Swallowtail Shawl is coming along nicely. With one repeat of the Budding Lace 2 Chart left to
LaceOnCatsknit, I decided it was time to get out the scale and work some calculations. I put my math skills to the test. I knit the fourteenth repeat. I weighed and mathed some more (wishful thinking). I will not be knitting extra repeats. That is okay; I really knew this from the beginning. To further heal my disappointment at not being able to make this shawl larger using this yarn, I have taken a picture of the lace in process on the stray cats I feed. I am brave. I think I might this to my grandma, and she is a tiny lady. I am already thinking of my next lace project, but first I have nupps.

Speaking of my next lace project, I have nominated some lace patterns for The Best of Interweave Knits: The Reader's Choice Awards Collection. In fact, I think I only nominated lace shawl patterns. C'mon, you know you want the Orenburg Lace Triangle, Irish Diamonds Shawl, Paisley Lace Shawl, Flower Basket Shawl, and the Cherry Blossom Shawl. We will vote on the ten finalists in January and be rewarded with a free e-book of the top five patterns come Spring 2008.

Speaking of IK, I picked up the Holiday Gifts 2007 issue. I think there are some patterns in there that I would like to knit. A big surprise to me is that I think that I might want to knit the Sugarplum Shrug for myself. Usually I see a shrug, and shrug, because I just do not get them, nor do they usually appeal to me. However, this one just might. I know that I am crazy and that my judgment is often way off. Therefore, I need help. Do you think this one might be right for me? I even think I have the right yarn (not the one called for) in my stash. I have only looked at the pictures and the yarn requirements. I guess I should check out the pattern itself. No charts, but I can chart it myself. I think I would also see if I could change how she has you knit the edging separately and sew it on. I guess I have more to think over.

Have a nupp-tastic weekend!
blog comments powered by Disqus