Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A Gift of Angels

I am sure you remember me writing about accepting a request to knit a particular baby blanket. It is not what I would have chosen, but I knit it well, and some people have really liked it. That has helped me to feel better about the project. My friends who know that it is not quite my style have nodded, smiled, and said, "It sure is pink." Well, it certainly is pink, and it is finished. The fact that I have completed it has improved my attitude towards it. The large, warm, mass of yarn is much nicer off my lap and spread out where I can see all of my work. Finishing it yesterday was great. It was another day in the nineties, and those last bits of finishing seemed to take forever because of the heat. There are bonus details that add to my joy. I agreed to complete the blanket by November. The baby shower is Friday. I beat both deadlines!
Pattern: Gift of Angels Blanket by Pauline Bilodeau
Yarn: Mary Maxim Starlette, 7 Balls
Needles: Denise Interchangeables US9 (5.5mm)
Finished Size: Approximately 42"X42"
blog comments powered by Disqus