Tuesday, September 28, 2010

New York, New Yarn

We are back from New York, and it was wonderful. I still have more laundry and a bit of unpacking left, but we are pretty close to being settled back in at home. There was so much to do and see, but I will spare you much of the travelogue for now, and get straight to the yarn.

We made it to two yarn stores, Habu Textiles, and School Products Yarn, and I was able to enhance the stash a little bit. I wish I could show you the yarns better, and even more, that you could meet them in person. As usual, most of the colors are way off in my photos.

From Habu, you see (left to right) bamboo, bamboo/copper, wool/stainless steel, wool, silk/stainless steel, merino wool, bonus sample gifties (silk, mohair/silk, linen/silk), and then handspun silk at the bottom.

At School Products Yarn, I picked up (from top to bottom) cashmere/mohair, silk/cashmere, and merino/cashmere/angora yarns. The blue 70% silk/ 30% cashmere yarn is four strands wound together into one cake, so I have a bit of work ahead of me to separate them into separate skeins.

I do not have plans for the yarn, but am pleased with my selections. I wanted to get yarns that I do not have available locally, and I did that with all of these yarns. While I think I will knit some of these yarns into gifts for others, some of them might become lace for me.
blog comments powered by Disqus