Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Taking the time to reflect on reasons to be thankful, and remembering to allow the time to feel and express gratitude are surefire ways to improve any day. Carole was inspired to share three thankful thoughts on Thursday, and has encouraged others to participate.

1. I am thankful for the VA medical system. They have cared so well for my husband over the years. I am amazed at how well they are able to do all that they do. We have scratched our heads at some of the ways they do things, but they continue to grow and change in order to meet the needs of their changing population of veterans.

2. I am thankful for coffee. The flavors, aroma, and caffeine certainly give an extra bit of loveliness to my day. However, it has added so much more to my life. I do not know how many times grabbing a cup of coffee has been the excuse to get together and spend time with wonderful people. Whether we are idly chatting to the accompaniment of clicking needles, pondering deep questions of life, or just taking time out of the day to stop and connect with others, coffee has been there.

3. I am thankful for my husband. He knows me better than anyone else does, and he still likes me. He accepts me where I am, while supporting and encouraging me to grow and learn. That is not an easy balance, but he does it so well. He has cared for me in so many ways. He keeps me from taking myself or anything else too seriously. He appreciates me, and values who I am. He loves me.
blog comments powered by Disqus