Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Someone's Got a Brand New Hat

Is a newly finished knit a great way to push past the midweek meh, or what? Yes, the second moose has is done. I went down one needle size to a US 3 (3.25mm) to make this one slightly smaller. Bruce prefers the colors on this to the first. I like them both for different reasons, and cannot pick a favorite. I was surprised to enjoy the knitting of a second of these so soon, but I did. I also think that I am glad to be done knitting them for a bit.

MountedMoose

This will soon go off in the mail with its partner. A few days later, it will arrive at its destination. And there it will sit for about a month. I have it on good authority that at this house they do not unwrap gifts before the occasion arrives. In this case, it is too bad, as I am sure their temperatures are low enough that a worsted weight, stranded, wool hat would be good.

Speaking of wool hats, I believe I might have a request for a new wool hat. My stepdad has made comments about his dissatisfaction with his commercial hats made of synthetic yarn. I have made him a hat before, but that was a few years ago, and I think that maybe it has been lost. His preferred style of hat is black and plain. I need to find out if he does indeed want a new hat. If that is the case, I am going to try to secretly discover if he is perhaps open to a little bit of variety. If not, I will pick up some black superwash wool and knit the standard issue winter hat. I don't do this for just anybody, but this one is worth it. While I may not think I want to knit a plain black hat, I could find out that he would wear a moose hat everywhere. I already know that he finds them to be amusing.
blog comments powered by Disqus