Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Surprises

When we last spoke of my Tangled Yoke Cardigan, I had joined sleeves to the body and was motoring on towards the cables. I was so sure that this would be the fun portion of the sweater. I was wrong. I am a wee bit disappointed that I have not found this part more enjoyable, but it is not for me. Still, I am plugging along and hope to have a new sweater soon. I begin the first of the 5-into-1 decreases the next time I pick up the project. I guess I had better begin the quest for buttons.

Meida'sMittens 2048x1536Since I am working on the second sleeve of the EPS FIYC, it is not a great photo opportunity, either. Fear not, there is beauty and joy to share. First, gaze upon my lovely mittens. I lightly hand-felted the hands and thumbs. That Knit Picks Bare Fingering Weight feels a bit lighter than the Palette. When I finished knitting the hands and thumbs seemed a bit big and floppy, so the mild felting was a perfect choice. I love my new mittens.

Cinderella had that nice bibbity-bobbity-boo stuff that turned household critters and garden bits into a nice evening. Good for her. I think we fare better with our Fairy Godknitter. I won a nice contest over there, and the prize package is fabulous. Thanks, Joan!

blog comments powered by Disqus