Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Frog and Lapdog

My weekend was eaten up by fun and new experiences. We had visitors--a nephew, a daughter, and a Wii. We had a great time, but I am still behind on sleep. It has made me more excited for the time when we have our own Wii. My husband won one, and it should be here in 6-8 weeks. As great as the weekend was, it did disrupt plans to meet up with one of the Skanks. She had organized a group order to Knit Picks and was going to give me my yarn and I was going to show her how to use a niddy noddy. She has some projects to frog and the yarn to re-purpose. She was also going to give me a project and remaining yarn she needed to have out of her possession. She had begun a skirt long ago, but several problems occurred that let her know that it was not to be, and she no longer wants to see it or the yarn. While we did not have an opportunity to meet this weekend, she was able to drop off the yarn.

Much of Monday was eaten up by new technology. My husband ordered a laptop, and it was delivered Monday morning. There is still much to learn as we get to know our new machine. Monday night with the Skanky Knitters seemed to be off its usual rhythm. We had a nice time, but it was a bit of an off night. I know part of my problem was lack of sleep and the fact that I was sewing up knitting bits in public. I usually do not seam in public, but I wanted to get that piece finished. It was secret knitting, and I am glad to have the piece completed. It looked good when I was done, but I forgot to take a picture, so I cannot show you later.

After unseasonably warm weather, winter temperatures have returned. I was glad to have my mittens, and enjoyed wearing them today. The front porch has a light dusting of snow. I am pleased to have the cold for the sake of my sweater knitting. I think I will still have a chance to wear the TYC this year. In fact, I am off to knit on it now.
blog comments powered by Disqus