Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Socks, Stoles, and Spinning

The Sockapalooza4 socks are off to my pal. I hope she likes them. My 5-year-old nephew examined them and was a bit critical of the Golden Snitches. He told me that when he is older and knits these, (my heart did a leap) the Golden Snitches will look more like Golden Snitches. Apparently, a big problem is that the gold is not gold enough. He is so funny. I can hardly believe that today is his first day of kindergarten. They grow up so fast.

I only have eight more repeats (a mere 96 rows, or 7680 stitches) to go on the center panel of Mom’s stole. It looks like my modification will work out marvelously. I will be knitting the border soon.

I have been spinning a bunch lately. I have improved at not holding onto my fiber so tightly. Moving away from this stage of learning is a relief. My fingers used to really hurt from pinching the wool. I tried out Navajo-plying. I need more practice on this technique. I might benefit from watching another spinner demonstrate. There is still so much to learn and explore. I enjoy spreading this joy to others, so I am going to send my grandma a box of different fibers to try. She bought a drop spindle back in June at Estes. I think she will have a fun time experimenting with everything.

In the meantime, I was able to receive my yarn from a group Knit Picks order last month, and plan to knit a hat as soon as I can.
blog comments powered by Disqus