Monday, February 27, 2012

My Lace Book Has a Centerfold

My friend came to my rescue with this thoughtful gift, I now have lace on the needles, and it feels right--it has been too long. The book is Wrapped in Lace: Knitted Heirloom Designs from Around the World, and it is wonderful. The stories and information throughout the book are fascinating enough, but then there are so many charts, (including ones that fold out!) new (to me, at least) stitches, and the projects include a nice variety of shapes and sizes. I decided on the Rata Scarf for my first project. I thought that would be a nice way to ease back into it. I am further along than my progress picture shows, but still have a long way to go. The center panel has 504 rows, and the right and left edgings have 510 rows each. I have already worked the bottom edging, and am working the left edging along with the center. I am currently working from three charts, and have to keep an eye on the written instructions for additional, important information. It is interesting without being too complicated, and still giving me the challenge that I need right now.
blog comments powered by Disqus