Monday, September 12, 2005

Groovy Night

Getting together with other knitters is so great.  I went to a meeting tonight, and it was such a blast.  It was just the three of us, but I really had a wonderful time.  We had a new knitter, and as it turns out, she is someone with whom I attended high school.  I cannot believe how sketchy my memory is from that time period, but I’m not complaining.  I’m just hoping that I don’t have one of those “back in high school” nightmares tonight.  Then again, the iced coffee might just have sleep sufficiently chased away.  This just really has been a good night.  I got my copy of the new Switchfoot cd in the mail today that I won off of the radio.  The cd has its official release tomorrow.  Some birthday gifts I ordered showed up in the mail, too.  Hobby Lobby has all of its knitting needles, crochet hooks, and accessories ½ off, and the books are ½ off, too.  So, I stopped in and picked up a couple of things.  I have never tried the Lion Brand needles, so I’m giving some of their dpns a go.  I’ve been knitting little baby booties lately because so many people keep announcing that they are expecting.  It seems like most of these new people are due to make their entrances into the world at the end of January or beginning of February.  I’m also knitting these booties for a drive for young mothers that a local radio station is sponsoring.  I checked to make sure that my handknitted booties would be groovy, and it’s all thumbs up from everyone.  I’m excited about getting my Secret Pal soon.  Some sort of gmail issue is preventing us from all being matched up already.  This is my first go for the whole Secret Pal exchange, but it sounds so neat.  
blog comments powered by Disqus