Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Mind Over Miter

I am at something of a standstill with my second Emily2, as I need a much smaller steel crochet hook to add the beads. My current method using the dental floss thingy has become more than a little trying, and greatly detracts from the joy of knitting this shawl, and there is much enjoyment to be had in its creation. My lys does not carry any as small as I need, nor do any of the chain, craft stores. It does trouble me somewhat to double or triple the price of an item through shipping, so I am looking at one other option before I order online. Well, there is another, but that involves undoing all of my progress and getting different beads, and I really do not want to do that, but I will if I must.

While working through the various solutions to the Emily2 problem, I have kept quite busy. I had a bit of mohair madness and wove a wrap for my nephew's teacher. I started it late Wednesday night, and needed to have it in gifting condition by Thursday morning.
I used Moonlight Mohair in the Rain Forest colorway. I stayed up all night, and had it dried just barely in time. I think Opal crossing her fingers was just the extra boost I needed to make the deadline. I did not even have time to take a photo, but it was lovely, and I was pleased to have been able to give the gift.

With one project on hold, and a gift on a tight deadline complete, I decided to play around a bit. I have not done much mitered-square knitting, but occasionally have been interested in the construction. I do have in my mind the idea to one day make the mitered square sock yarn blanket, but it is only a fleeting thought. With my hiatus from socknitting, as well as my aversion to knitting blankets, it has been quite some time since I last considered the project. Ah, but an opportunity to just play with leftover sock yarn and mitered square knitting, well, that has been fun. It is the opposite of much of the hurry and pressure of late, and I think I am making something good. It will just take a little longer to see if I have chosen well.
blog comments powered by Disqus