Monday, January 03, 2011

UM...For a Moment

For a moment, I considered blogging daily this year. I was high on the fumes of my productivity. I started the first by baking bread, (I had already made the dough and it was ready in pans just waiting to be baked) and then went straight into making black-eyed peas and cornbread. I calculated and planned for my next knitting project, and gave extra thought before casting on for it. Then there was a lot of the Twilight Zone marathon, and now that I think about it, maybe I was not so productive. I have already forgotten what else I did that day, but I could swear there was more.

Anyway, by Sunday afternoon a pang of anxiety that I had not blogged yet struck me, but I shook it off and then wondered why I thought doing the daily blogging was a good idea for me. For now, I am just glad that I could get my brain functioning well enough to get the newest lace on the needles. Seeing as how that involved casting on 297 stitches, I consider it quite an accomplishment.

I am taking part in a KAL for Damask, and have decided to knit the medium size. I really wanted to go for the large size, but I only have 630 yds of my yarn (there is no more anywhere) and that size requires 650. I have chosen to knit this with the handspun silk that I got at Habu Textiles when we were in New York. I have a wonderful image in my head about how this will work, and I really hope I am right.


Speaking of what is in my head...

Carwash :: Blues
Intuition :: Feeling
Desperate :: Needy
Tears :: Clown
Purple :: Color
Storage :: Unit
Duct :: Tape
System :: Overload
Cabinet :: Handle
Manager :: Micro
blog comments powered by Disqus