Thursday, April 02, 2009

Feed Me!

The feed troubles are getting on my nerves a bit. I was so busy with my routine that I missed that some friends' feeds were having problems. When I first thought about it, I hoped they were enjoying wonderful life adventures and did not have time to blog. So oblivious was I, that I did not notice that my feed was broken. It looks like it still is.

It's weird. I have been blogging for over four years now. When I started, I did not know what I was doing or what I hoped to get out of the experience. Then I reached out and found my place. I feel honored that people read what I post, but by far, get more out of what others are writing. With the broken feed, it is almost like being back at the beginning of my blogging. I say almost because it is different. It feels pointless and lonely now without you all. I hope everything is fixed by the time I post this.

It is a good thing I have my knitting. I have been working on a Swallowtail Shawl. It is a tiny one, and I think it is going to be for me. It is tiny because I used my handspun. It was this skein's third chance at becoming something besides a skein of yarn. I made yardage miscalculation after spinning it, and that is why other patterns have not worked, and why I thought this one would. I am not entirely disappointed that I have had to frog this yarn twice already. I like knitting with it, and I love the colors.

Anyway, I decided to knit the budding lace repeat until I had about half of the yarn left, and then I moved on to the Lily of the Valley charts. I put in a lifeline after the budding lace in case I had enough yarn left at the end to rip back and add more repeats of that lace. I tell you, I am enjoying this yarn.

Then my knitting came to a standstill. It was a combination of an odd wrist pain and a surprise out-of-town guest. The wrist pain had me a bit worried, and I did not pick up the needles lest I aggravate it. After a very long day, I decided to try, and it turns out that knitting does not bother the wrist. Brushing my teeth or fishing change out of my pocket was difficult, but not knitting. I wish I had known that earlier. Wednesday was definitely a day that needed the comforts of knitting. As far as that situation goes, I will just say that I now wish what would have been a bad April Fool's joke had been a joke.
blog comments powered by Disqus