Friday, June 27, 2008

Socks and Seeds

TestSockProgressSocknitting has been my near constant companion this week. This is how it looked Monday night. The color in this photo is close, but does not quite show how beautiful it is. I am doing a toe-up Spring Forward. I am most the way up the leg. I think I will work one more pattern repeat before I am on to the cuff. I know Cara is getting anxious to see more progress on these test socks. I hope to have them finished by the end of the weekend, but I am not making any promises.

For this week's Friday garden report, I present the beginning of a cucumber. Impressive, no? We put out many more (fifty-ish?) corn seeds, peas, and an Ichiban Eggplant. We also managed to lose a package of pea seeds. I bought my husband a tumbling compost bin for his birthday. He wanted one back when he did a lot of gardening. I was excited to get this for him. Exciting things are happening inside the bin.
blog comments powered by Disqus