Saturday, December 22, 2007

Cast On As If Until

MittenMainPatternCloseUpI have not been doing so well lately. Oftentimes, I have even been unable to knit. It is just one of those things that happens with me. I managed some garter stitch. I knew LeftThumbCloseUpthat I could not begin my husband's right mitten and hope to manage the chart and stranding with accuracy and skill. I sat around. I decided on the yarn and colors (mostly) for my Fair Isle Yoke cardigan. I did not manage to determine the amount of yarn needed for it. I flipped through books. I wandered about Ravelry. I tried to do the things I ought. Still, I was losing ground. So, I decided to cast on for my Tangled Yoke Cardigan. Did I ever get gauge? Nope. I realize now that I made an error when I did not read carefully about the Rowan Felted Tweed. I saw on Yarndex where it was called DK. I then substituted Knit Picks Merino style, also called DK. I just am not going to get the pattern's listed gauge with this yarn. Instead, I am trying the knitty math, and maybe this cardigan will fit me.

Let me tell you, those decrease instructions are tough to follow with my brain the way it is. The piece is littered with mismatched stitch markers. I am counting on my fingers, on my Mini LeftMittenKacha-Kacha, making little marks on paper, and knitting along. The garter rib is growing. It is not photo-worthy.

Instead, I share some pictures of my husband's left mitten. I wove in the ends and washed it. It fits, and looks good.
blog comments powered by Disqus