Friday, October 17, 2014

Avoiding Monkey Limbs...

MonkeyBodiesAndTails
...in the form of battling start-itis.  Yeah, The good news is that I have the bodies and tails of a couple of monkeys for the babies finished, and that is nice progress.  However, for now, I am having trouble getting myself to sit down and work on the arms and legs.  Ah, it will be all right, just as long as I can stop myself from giving in to those start-itis urges.  

I do have wonderful justifications for each of the potential projects.      

  • Doorstop Chicken--We could really use one for the front door when Bruce wants to prop it open, and it is adorable
  • Tea Cozy--I do not have one, the weather is changing, and they are so pretty
  • French Press Cozy--Again, I do not have one, the changing weather, and the pretty
  • Bender/Nibbler, Guardian of the Bum Fodder--Really, I do not need more justification than that, but also, our home has two bathrooms, and neither has much for storage room 
  • Slippers--My current pair is in need of replacing, and while these would not be the slippers I would wear full time, (my annual new pair of slippers has returned to Costco, so I will probably buy them next month or get them for Christmas) these would still be great to have in the rotation and for snuggling up on the couch, or while weaving, or really, just whenever, because after all, the weather is changing.
I have the patterns for all of these projects, and I probably have the yarn for all of them, (maybe not for the tp cozies, but probably) and they are all totally practical, right?  Ah, but I am not casting on for any of them.  I will settle down to finish the monkeys soon.  I may just need to find the right Netflix marathon pairing.  Oooh, brilliant idea:  knitting-pattern-Netflix-marathon-pairing-algorithm.  You're welcome.  

There is no real need to worry that I will abandon the current monkeys, Celestarium (making very nice progress on that edging), or other gift projects in pursuit of any of the above right now.  I kind of got over it while I spent some time nurturing hurt feelings/grieving/processing a difficult situation.  While that is not a good pattern to get into, and I need to be careful about such things, occasionally, there is a time and place for it, and it might involve whiny music and circus peanuts.    
blog comments powered by Disqus