Thursday, October 30, 2014

A Place for Everything

And everything in its place?  Well, it seems unlikely that I will ever be that organized, but I am making progress.  Today's proof is a new cabinet for my sewing machine.  Up until now, when I wanted to sew, I was using a tv tray as a table, and while I was able to make it work for some things, it was not ideal.  There is so much I like about this new piece.  It allows me to have a proper place to sew, it offers storage for various sewing tools and accessories, and it can close up and keep everything protected and out of sight.  

SewingCabinetOpen SewingCabinetClosed
It might take me a little time to organize everything in it, but I am already using it for sewing.  I finished Eva's birthday blanket, and I love it.  

EvaFirstBirthdayBlanket
I first saw this blanket pattern over at Grumperina's, and I bookmarked it immediately.  I read the tutorial and thought it might be something I could make, so I bought some fabric.  I washed, ironed, and assembled, and then it was time to pack and move, so it sat.  One day I decided I had better get going on it, so I even managed to do most of the sewing on my old tv tray setup, including making the binding.  I finished the blanket the other day after I assembled my table, and I love it.  I think it is cute, and can see more of these in my future.     
blog comments powered by Disqus