Not every day can be a fancy day, and that is fine with me. I just finished a very basic weaving project, and I am about as pleased with it as I could be.
Sometime last year, I decided it was time to weave some kitchen towels. I have needed new ones for a while and have had way too much dishcloth cotton for far too long, so this seemed like the perfect solution. I warped for four with some plain, white, dishcloth cotton. I used a little bedspread weight crochet cotton for about the first and last inch and then variegated dishcloth cotton for the rest. After that, I just had to cut them apart and then fold and sew hems. I used a different colorway for each towel, and I really like how this project worked out, and if they show themselves to be useful, I plan to weave more.