Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ten Thumbs on Tuesday

The bulk of my mitten knitting for this pair is done. They just lack thumbs, and I hope to add those in a day or two. Since I normally only carry yarn in my left hand, colorwork can leave my right hand a bit fatigued. Then, last night, because I mistakenly I ended my mitten three rounds too soon (making a few modifications), had to un-kitchener, pick up the stitches, Russian-join, knit the omitted section, and re-kitchener the tip, I am ready to set this project aside for a little bit.

Speaking of thumbs, I continue to be entertained by my amazingly green thumbs over in my PVZ Zen Garden. Yes, I caved and bought the full game, but am glad that I did. While it did eat much of my weekend, it was perfect for when I could not sleep and could not concentrate on anything more demanding. Even if it devours my chances at Ravelympic gold, I made the right choice.

I am glad that Carole keeps coming up with Ten on Tuesday topics since the official site has not been updating for a while. Thinking up ten of my favorite places to knit was easy.

Sporting events--I do not enjoy sports, but I can enjoy being with others who do without losing my mind.

Coffee shops--It is wonderful to sip a tasty beverage while clicking along with needles. Whether it is a small local place or part of a large chain, I love knitting at the coffee spots.

Cars--While Bruce drives, I love to knit during a long road trip. The stitches add up even on short trips across town, too.

With friends--Technically this is not a location, but wherever I am with fun people, whether the stitches flow or not, it is always a great time.

Medical facilities--It makes the inevitable wait seem shorter, relieve stress, and provide a necessary distraction.

Outside--This does not happen often, but when the weather is just right, knitting in the sunlight and fresh air is a wonderful way to enjoy the great outdoors.

My living room--Sitting and knitting at home is still one of the best.

Social gatherings--Sometimes I need a little help in the social settings, and knitting helps calm my nerves, relax, and enjoy time with others.

Yarn shops--It is inspiring to sit and knit among all of the pretty colors, fibers, and other knitters and their projects.

Lines--Waiting at the bank, the post office, the store, or anywhere else with knitting in hand seems to make the line move more quickly. Even if it doesn't I don't mind the wait as much, and play little games in my mind estimating how much I will knit before it is my turn.