Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Caps for a Cure

I joined this group awhile back and have been knitting away on caps. I'm finally getting a respectable pile of them to wash and ship. I received this fabulous package in the mail on Wednesday from Mandy of some donated Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Lovely Lavender and Columbine Blossom. I can hardly wait to get it on the needles and knit more hats for this group. I have often thought about knitting chemo caps. There is a strong family history of breast cancer. In fact, I have an aunt undergoing treatment for it right now. To say she's a dramatic gal doesn't quite capture her, but it really does sound like it is more serious than even she knows. I would like to have knit some chemo caps for her, but sometimes parts of my family do things in ways that are not my favorite. Suffice it to say, my sending her handknit chemo caps full of love and prayers would have turned into a brouhaha. Drama and then some, y'know? Still, I love knitting and I love to help, and this is a cause near (physically, too, I suppose) and dear to my heart. So, rather than sitting back and wallowing in the dysfunction that family can be at times, I decided to do something. I am very pleased to have found this group. Knitting these hats helps me, and helps others. That's about as perfect as it gets in my book.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you got it so fast! I can't wait to see the hats you make!! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete