Monday, February 13, 2006

Wannabe

I wannabe a Knitting Olympian. I think I signed up too late to be counted. Even if I don't show up as an official participant, I'm doing it anyway. I've been knitting my first cardigan, Bristow. As I don't have the lovely KnitPicks Andean Silk, and I'm trying to be a good girl and use up the stash, I'm knitting this in Blush Heather Woolease that I picked up on clearance so long ago. I feel like I'm making good progress. So far, I have knit the back and the left front. I have no idea if I can do this in the allotted time. I just decided to set myself a challenge, and go for it. I guess that's part of the reason I was a bit tardy in attempting to sign up for this event. I've also set another Olympic challenge, and that is to exercise each day throughout the Olympics. That means no rest days, but I won't workout as hard everyday like I would normally. Besides, with all this knitting, I figure it's important to move about and make my muscles work in different ways. I'll also have to burn off the extra Valentine's calories. In fact, it's time to get moving now. We may try and avoid the crowds by doing our Valentine's Day celebrating tonight. Of course, if we hold off until tomorrow, I can go to knitting tonight. There is a request for my help on some socks. I'm flattered that she thinks I can help, but I think the other gals are better knitters than I am. Still, I'll do my best to be of assistance if I can.
blog comments powered by Disqus