Thursday, July 28, 2022

One Thing Leads to Another

Do you ever stop and try to figure out the paths your mind takes to get to a particular topic, activity, or line of thinking?  I do that pretty often.  Sometimes when I have a number of concerning things going on in life my brain tries to sort them into patterns, tries to make puzzling things make sense, works to understand things when I might not have enough information, and the next thing you know my mind has stirred up something seemingly out of nowhere.  I've got quite a bit of that going what with some family getting ready to move away, others appearing to be engaging in patterns of behavior that have historically meant they were not doing well, swirl that all up with the pandemic, climate crisis, inflation, and all of the *gestures broadly* stuff, and it doesn't take much of a leap to figure out why my brain is going the places it goes.  

Other times, the hop-skip-jump is lighthearted and fun.  Anna just announced the call for entries for the 2022 Mochimochi Photo + Video Contest and its theme, Sharing is Caring.  So, I had recently knit some corn.  Maybe sometime I'll fill you in on what got me knitting corn, but that's a story for another day.  Anyway, sharing is caring, inflation is terrible, people are in need, corn is food, I should knit more food and turn it all into an awesome stop-motion animation (a skill I do not possess) and let it join what I'm sure is going to an amazing crop (see what I did there) of entries for the contest.  So I flipped through patterns and the pearl part of the Joyful Oyster pattern from the book Adventures in Mochimochiland was a great starting point for an apple and a peach.  After that I knit a little banana, a tomato, and a lime.  At this point I get a bit mentally stuck in my bin of green yarns and unnecessarily lose too much time lamenting not having full-size skeins of Limeade Heather, Alfalfa, Green Tea Heather, and Edamame despite having mini-skeins of them all and only needing small amounts to knit tiny fruit and veg.  I can be a bit silly, for sure.  I have so much and can relax and enjoy.  Anyway, after knitting all of those healthful foods, you know I'm back to Adventures in Mochimochiland and knitting a donut.  Then my brain is back in the green bin and after another flip through Teeny-Tiny Mochimochi I've knit a little pear.  

So, yeah, I may see if I can put together an entry for the contest, but I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone else does.  In the meantime, I think I need to knit a smaller donut and then maybe I'll try to knit up some little veggies (more green!), but maybe now that I've taken a picture and blogged these, I'm done knitting little food for now.  Sometimes I'm like that, y'know?  

Take care of yourselves and others, lean into love and allow yourself to experience the joy that is available to you. 

blog comments powered by Disqus