Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Jumping Around in June

We will just pretend that my jumping was so joyous that I sprung right past the first. Of course, after a month where I rarely knew the day of the week, missing just one day seems like I am doing great. June is sure to be better. So far, my niece, Kaitlyn, has been released from PT, and all of the other therapists have given the green light for her to go to kindergarten this year. We could see she was ready, but I can tell my sister-in-law needed to hear it from them.

Anyway, new month, new lace, right? It may or may not be the answer, but it is definitely a good idea. I am knitting another Swallowtail Shawl, and it is coming along nicely. Once again, this is not for me. This shawl will go to a friend I have recently reconnected with after many years. While seeing each other in person is not likely to happen anytime soon, it is still quite nice to be in touch ag
ain after all this time.

The beginning of what we hope will be sourdough made its way to me this week. My sister has been raving about the bread that her co-worker bakes, so she pushed my name to the top of the starter waiting list. It requires another feeding before it is ready to go, but there are already claims on the first loaves.

The weather people are predicting lots of random rain, thunder, and hot for this week. The good part is that it means we do not need to water the garden. However, it also means outside time does not always happen when I would like it, and I am still trying for a photo shoot for Bitterroot. I need to put out some food for the wandering cats, clean out my gills, and get out there and do my best at the next opportunity.

Speaking of the garden, check out my first lavender bloom ever.
blog comments powered by Disqus