Saturday, April 22, 2006

Instant Gratification

I gave in to my impulses. No, I didn't buy yarn. I haven't done that at all this year. I surfed on over to The Knitting Zone. I have looked at this pattern more than once. I like this sort of thing. I was going to buy this when I was out at Mary's awhile back, but she was out of copies. My desire for the pattern lingered in the corners of my mind. A couple of times I wished that I had it because I knew it would be an excellent gift. Out of curiosity last night, I checked out that pattern again with a thought that it might be available for immediate download, and it was. I purchased, downloaded, and printed. Now I just need to dig up all my materials to knit it. I like putting a lace edging on a handkerchief. That was the first self-designed thing I ever did crocheting. I miss that handkerchief. Now that I have this pattern, I can edge more handkerchiefs, but use laceknitting this time. It gives instructions on how to seamlessly join the lace edging. The pattern, Lace-Edged Hanky comes from HeartStrings FiberArts. I feel it will be a jumping off point for other lace-edged handkerchiefs.

Now to the justifications. No, I really didn't need to buy the pattern last night. I could have waited until my next trip out to The Knitting Zone. I love to go out there. I know that the goats have had kids since my last trip, and Burrito the burro probably continues to look even cuter as he transitions out of his baby fur. Then again, I know that I saved money by just downloading the pattern last night. If I had indeed made it out to the shop, I know I would have purchased more than just one pattern. Then you factor in what is happening with fuel prices, and I think it's safe to say that I practically made money by buying this pattern online last night. Okay, I'm getting carried away now.
blog comments powered by Disqus