Friday, February 11, 2005

Put Your Right Foot In...

...or maybe that's the left foot. I finally finished knitting one felted clog for my sweetie. Time to cast-on for its mate now, eh? I'm glad to make progress on this project. I am not pleased with my current socknitting effort. I cast-on some Sockotta, but wasn't sure what my ultimate pattern would be. I started toe-up, 2-on-1 circular, and worked up through the toes, and that's where the trouble began. I picked a cable pattern, charted, knitted a repeat, and I don't like it! Time for a trip to the frog pond, I suppose. I should go back to one of my earlier ideas and work in the good ol' "Blueberry Waffle" pattern stitch. In fact, now that I think of it (uh-oh, thinking is dangerous), the first time I got this yarn out to begin a pair of socks, that was the pattern I was going to use. Now it's toe-up, but, I think that's the pattern I will use. I'm also tempted to cast-on a pair of socks in some self-patterning yarn (don't know which, it doesn't matter) to also have for mindless car/traveling/waiting socknitting. I really shouldn't, though. Blueberry waffle is simple enough. I could do what one of my buddies from the NAKG, does and always cast-on another pair of socks as soon as I finish the last pair so that there are always socks on the needles. Sounds like a pretty good idea to me, but then again, I'm not the best judge of ideas. The last of my Christmas (2004) knitting is ready to mail. Yes, I know, I'm bad. I did get a thank you call for a late graduation shawl I mailed off last week. Well, before I do anything else, I'm going to get those mittens ready to go to Alaska.
blog comments powered by Disqus