Monday, July 30, 2007

Friday, Friday, Friday!

I have a feeling that my Friday night was not duplicated by any other knitblogger. I have not been in a couple of years, but most years, we try to catch one night of the Tanner Tractor Pull. It is quite a different experience. We made it through a mere three hours of action before we called it a night. My husband says that he does not enjoy the event as much as he used to, and we may not go next year. Still, we had a good time. This was our nephew’s first tractor pull experience. I cast on a sock in the car as we drove to the event. As we joined the line of cars waiting to park, this catchy tune (forget about the video, just listen to the song--or not) played on the radio. It seemed to set the tone for the night. I need to rip and restart the sock as I cast on too many stitches at the toe. Still, having the sock to knit round and round on provided a nice distraction when we were seated two rows behind a man with a serious crack problem. Ugh! I did not know whether to throw up or laugh. It was just a bit bizarre. A tractor pull is an experience and the people watching is interesting, and sometimes too much.
blog comments powered by Disqus